Post by Deleted on May 17, 2015 0:27:11 GMT
NAME: Wade Winston Wilson
ALIAS: Deadpool (Primary Alias - Subject has gone by several other aliases)
AGE: Unknown. Likely over 40, possibly older - healing factor makes exact determination difficult. Subject does not appear to know himself, at least not for sure.
MEMBER GROUP: Superhuman
POWERS AND ABILITIES:
Healing Factor: Wade is one of the dubiously labeled "success stories" of the Canadian Weapon X program, the result of an attempt to duplicate the healing powers of the mutant Wolverine. Though initially labeled a failure, Wade did eventually develop a power of extremely rapid healing. Wade's healing factor is among the fastest known, as he has been observed regenerating entire limbs in a matter of hours. Lesser wounds such as bullet holes, knife wounds, burns, scrapes, and other damage heal much more quickly, within moments. Because he lacks Wolverine's adamantium skeleton he is much more fragile, but the apparently superior speed of his regeneration often makes up for this. Deadpool has been 'killed' many times, yet there is so far no type of damage he cannot eventually recover from (see below). When it comes to the loss of limbs, if he is able to retain possession of said limb, reattaching it will cause the tissues to meld together normally within a few minutes. Like Wolverine and other fast-healing characters, Deadpool is effectively immune to diseases and the effects of aging, and highly resistant to foreign chemicals, including poisons and sedatives, as well as anaesthesia. Extremely large doses are required to affect him.
Healing Factor Anomalies: Unlike Wolverine, Deadpool's healing factor comes with several caveats. First of all, it has become inextricably linked to his cancer. When Wade's healing factor became active, an unexpected side effect was that the cancerous cells in his body were also endowed with the same... replicative enthusiasm. Because of this, Deadpool's body is in a constant state of destruction and regeneration, with cancer cells destroying tissues while his healing factor repairs them. This ravages all of his internal organs, including his brain, and is a primary contributor to what could politely be termed his "personality defects", especially the unreliability of his memory. As a side effect of his brain's extreme abnormalities, he is immune to the abilities of psychics, and is an extremely difficult target for possession.
Curse of Thanos: Prior to becoming Deadpool, Wade spent years waiting for death - this resulted in him and the embodiment of Death developing a relationship, with Wade remaining deeply in love with 'her'. Out of jealousy, he has been cursed by Thanos with immortality.
Enhanced Physical Attributes: Partially as a byproduct of his healing factor's ability to heal damage that would otherwise be caused by intense physical exertion, Deadpool has a low level of superhuman physical attributes. His strength is believed by SHIELD experts to allow him to lift something approaching two tons (whether his bones would survive this is unknown), and his reflexes, speed, and agility are all beyond human limitations. His stamina is vastly superior to an ordinary human - he is capable of exerting himself at peak capacity for several days before tiring.
Skills: Quite apart from his superhuman ability, Deadpool is an exceptionally skilled combatant. He is an expert in multiple martial arts, and is able to hold his own and even win against many of Earth's most talented fighters. He is (though many wouldn't guess it) a master of stealth techniques and covert operations. His skill with weapons of all kinds, particularly bladed weapons and firearms, similarly ranks among the best in the world. These skills fused with his mental state and decades of experience make Deadpool a vicious and singularly unpredictable combatant, perhaps his greatest weapon.
PLAYBY: Ryan Reynolds (As Deadpool)
PLAYER NAME: Phelan
OTHER CHARACTERS: Nope
- Guns, swords, explosives... Wade deeply enjoys the tools of his trade, to the point where he has a pronounced penchant for giving them names.
- Wade loves Mexican food, particularly tacos, and he has stated that his favorite food is the chimichanga (maybe because of its name). However, he doesn't actually like them that much.
- He possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture references, and is an obsessive fan of TV and movies of many types - sometimes very unexpected ones.
- For unknown reasons, Wade loves Bea Arthur.
- His yellow thought boxes.
- Jokes of almost every kind. He has been described as having an encyclopedic knowledge of pornographic knock-knock jokes, for instance.
- Being alone. By his nature, Wade generally pushes away most of those around him, but almost more than anything else, he hates being truly alone.
- Being confused with Spider Man, for obvious reasons. This happens often, with people who don't know of him often referring to him as "Ninja Spider Man"
- Just about anyone associated with the Weapon X program, especially Ajax and Doctor Killebrew. Wade had friends die in the program, tortured to death in horrible ways. Their methods in general repulse him, and he has been on more than one crusade against the men in charge.
- His own appearance. Unlike most masked 'heroes' or villains, Wade almost never removes his mask due to his extreme disfigurement. He has been described as looking like "Ryan Reynolds crossed with a Shar-Pei", albeit by himself.
- While most would see immortality as a blessing, for Wade it is more than a curse. For years he has wanted to die, and see Death again, but he is unable. Even getting the Hulk to kill him was unsuccessful.
- Deadpool's ADHD and way of taking nothing seriously obscure the fact that he is truly one of Earth's deadliest fighters. No less an expert than Nick Fury himself has said that Deadpool could be listed among the most dangerous men in the world - if he could manage to focus for any length of time. When committed to a fight, Wade is utterly relentless and skillful enough to take even the strongest opponents by surprise.
- His insanity is a double-edged sword. While also a weakness, Wade's constantly shifting brain structure has rendered him immune to powers that can cripple most other superhumans, thanks to which he has actually managed to succeed in saving the world where even the mightiest heroes (Captain America) might fail. The unpredictability this grants him can also be a strength: Taskmaster himself is unable to match Deadpool's fighting style and defeat him because, to paraphrase, "his skills make no sense".
- Perhaps what takes allies and opponents most by surprise is the strength of Wade's resolve. Once committed to a cause, he will do anything and everything to see it through, and while he is not always successful, he will continue trying at great personal cost - though it does make it somewhat easier that he can't die and regenerates damage at super speed. Wade often does his best to play the hero, and he has played a pivotal role in thwarting evil plans and even saving the world many times... though often times he gets little to no credit for this heroism due to the fact that no one can stand to have him around.
- As mentioned above, Wade's insanity can be either a help or a great hindrance, and it is more often the latter. One of the reasons so little is known about his past is that Wade himself remembers very little, and not always just about his distant past. To say that he is scatterbrained is a vast understatement, and for much of his life as Deadpool he has been prone to violent outbursts, flights of fancy, bouts of depression, generally a wide range of psychological defects. This makes him, among other things, exceptionally annoying. The majority of those he can count on allies respect him only grudgingly, and most can't wait to be rid of him, whatever heroics he manages - these often seem to be mere accidents to those observing.
- Desperate for acceptance as he is, Wade is often easily lured into making mistakes by apparent kindness or respect, especially by attractive women. This is one of many things that consistently foils his attempts to rehabilitate his reputation and become a "real" hero.
- While he has perhaps the fastest healing factor known under some circumstances, it has been observed that the speed of Wade's healing is inconsistent at best. No one is exactly sure why this is, but it has been theorized that since his healing is an imperfect copy of Wolverine's, there are multiple factors affecting its performance. Prime among these is thought to be his mental state: when he is fully engaged, devoted, and enthusiastic (or manic and enraged) its speed is incredible, whereas in his lowest moments it can take him hours to heal a single gunshot wound.
- As mentioned before, Wade's healing and cancer are in fact in a sort of symbiotic relationship. His cells replicate too quickly and if his cancer was ever actually cured, the ensuing 'overload' would cause his body to rupture catastrophically. This was observed when the Skrulls attempted to copy his power, but created the resulting super skrulls without Wade's cancer.
Most of all, Deadpool wants to be accepted. He dreams of making it onto a respected superhero team like the Avengers, though his true dream is to be one of the X-Men, since he frequently refers to himself as a mutant (though he is not). This is hampered substantially by the fact that few if any of the heroes on these teams can stand him - though he has managed friendships with a few such as Domino who share his mercenary origins.
While he spent most of his life as a pure mercenary and even a villain, who was sent to kill Cable repeatedly in the 90's, Wade wants badly to reinvent himself as a hero. To this end, he has often worked against supervillains and alien invasions, even successfully saving the world in a few instances. Unfortunately, his struggle seems to be Sisyphean, since his efforts are rarely if ever recognized for the heroism they are, and because he often ends up killing people in the process. Or during an outburst later, or before...
FEARS: Deadpool is bovinaphobic - he is terrified of cows. He believes their eyes are unnerving, as though they are simply 'waiting for something'. He is also terrified of being alone, which may be the reason he constantly talks to himself and appears to have more than one split personality inside his head. Perhaps most of all, he fears his own immortality - never being able to die and see Death again.
Wade Winston Wilson is a man of deep and profound flaws. And yet, for all of that, perhaps his greatest tragedy is the fact that for many years now, he has meant well.
Most of his personality has been covered above, but it is hard to overstate certain facts about who Wade is. Wade is among the most talented killers on Earth, and thinks almost nothing of his extreme and violent ways for the most part - until he realizes how much they have turned other people against him. For someone as erratic and violent as he is, he cares deeply what other people think of him, though this is something he is loathe to admit and not something that most people would guess, thanks to his relentless and seemingly unstoppable cheerfulness under most circumstances. Wade uses his outward forced cheerfulness and constant joking as a defense mechanism to hide the intense pain he has lived with for years. This pain is borne both of his guilt for the lives he's taken and those he has lost - nearly everyone Wade has loved is dead or otherwise lost to him, and it is nigh impossible for a man who hardly understands himself to find someone who understands him.
This guilt and desire to redeem himself however has created a true but highly imperfect hero, someone who will throw themselves into the worst of situations with a grin and a bushel of de-pinned hand grenades without seeming to have a second thought, and who will jump at the chance to help the world's heroes stop death and destruction... though he's noted to be likely to cause a bit of those on his way. He is a man making the best of his own bad situation in the only way he really knows how: guns, blades, fists, and useless pop culture references.
BIRTHPLACE: Unknown. Wade is believed to have been a military brat, and was therefore raised on a series of military bases. This however is unconfirmed.
RESIDENCE: Wade is something of a transient - most commonly however he can be found lounging on his Semtex couch in an abandoned warehouse somewhere in New York.
PARENTS: Mickey and Hailey Wilson, though again the accuracy of this is uncertain.
- Deadpool has something of a one-sided friendship with Wolverine, who Deadpool believes to be a close friend, but who is clearly nothing of the sort.
- Deadpool and Cable were close friends before Cable's death, and it was this relationship that actually started him on the path to being a hero and not just a mercenary and villain. It remains one of his most formative relationships.
- Wade's real best friend is Bob, a onetime Agent of Hydra who has somehow become his most (and perhaps only) reliable ally.
IMPORTANT PERSON: Deadpool's lost love is the cosmic entity Death, though he has also had several girlfriends and has a small collection of ex wives from before and after the Weapon X program - most of whom are dead. Currently single.
What follows is a summary of what little can be confirmed about Wade Wilson's past.
At some point in the early 80's, Wade Wilson was one of the world's most talented mercenaries. A former member of the United States military (branch unknown, though he is believed to have been in the Army), he was a noted expert in assassinations, demolitions, and covert operations - a highly sought after killer and a consummate professional. It is not known why so little can be found about Wade before this time - it is possible that he somehow had his military and civilian records deleted as part of his mercenary career.
Around 1985, Wilson was living with a young mutant by the name of Vanessa Carlysle (who would later become Copycat) when he discovered that he was afflicted with Stage IV cancer. The exact variety is unknown - what IS known is that he left his home and enrolled in the Weapon X program in Canada with the promise that they had developed a way to cure his cancer, breaking up with Vanessa. Once a test subject for "Department K", he was subjected to a number of torturous experiments and implantations with the goal of giving him the healing factor of the mutant Wolverine, who had previously been a "guest" of the same organization. This was immediately successful in halting the spread of his cancer, but failed in giving him Wolverine-level healing abilities. He was christened as a Weapon X operative, but objected strongly to the team's goals and methods, even going so far as to kill one of the team members. This resulted in his being 'retired' to the Hospice, a home for failed experiments where those that remained were tortured and experimented on by the sadistic Doctor Killebrew and his superhuman orderly Ajax. All of the inmates there expected to die soon - as such, they created a pool, the Dead pool, betting on how long each of them would live.
It was during this time, and during his many near-death experiences while under Killebrew's knife, that Wilson was able to meet and fall in love with the entity Death. He became obsessed with committing suicide, even trying repeatedly to get Ajax to kill him. When Ajax and Killebrew lobotomized Worm, a fellow inmate and also Wade's closest friend at the time, something in him snapped. At Death's urging, he killed Worm to end his suffering, which finally prompted Killebrew to order Wade's death as well. When they tried, Wade's anger and thirst for vengeance somehow triggered his dormant healing factor - at the cost of shattering his mind. He subsequently abandoned Death, killing several guards and nearly killing Ajax (who he would face again and finally kill later), as well as releasing the other inmates in the Hospice. He took the name Deadpool, and returned to being a mercenary - this time a superhuman one.
Deadpool would spend most of the next decade or so as a merc and enforcer for various criminal entities, though one with occasional flashes of good in his heart. In particular he clashed with the X-Force many times, especially Cable and Wolverine. His life was chaotic, swinging from one allegiance and employer to the next, sometimes aiding the good guys, sometimes the bad. He would make several attempts to rehabilitate himself and become a hero, though these tended to be doomed to failure due to his own erratic behavior or a seemingly cosmic string of terrible luck. There was however a notable exception, where he was able to save the earth from an encroaching alien monster that would dominate the world mentally - this even entailed his defeating Captain America in close combat (albeit by kicking him in the balls).
After many attempts to better himself, including therapy, he returned to life as a mercenary and was hired again to kill the mutant-from-the-future Cable. He would instead wind up joining Cable in his crusade to save the world, and Cable would become not only Wade's best friend, but perhaps the only man in the world who truly believed Deadpool was capable of being a hero. One of Cable's final acts before his death was to 'fix' parts of Wade's brain, restoring some semblance of order to his thoughts and allowing him to moderate his behavior to some degree - though it is difficult to say whether or not this truly fixed anything, as Deadpool has continued to be a killer ever since, albeit one much more consistently well-meaning.
From that point on, Wade has been mainly a fighter for good - a Hero for Hire of sorts, sometimes literally, though it has been noted that sometimes he fails to cash his checks when he believes he is fighting for a good cause. He has worked with the Avengers, the X-Men, the X-Force, and even been hired by Nick Fury to help stop the Skrull invasion. These days, he is still a hero looking for someone to give him a chance, so he can do the good he's capable of doing, and maybe find the acceptance he so badly wants.
As long as the team doesn't mind his atrocious hygiene, constant bad jokes, the fact that he's never gotten the hang of the whole 'no killing' thing... One has to put up with a lot of downsides if they want Deadpool's skills on their side.