El has been with the site for nearly two years now and has continued to prove her value. Currently, she is heading up our site event, Battle for Liberterram, on top of keeping up with her own personal plots.
Lux's posts are all wonderful to read. She has done a wonderful job of grasping the new universe and incorporating Peggy into it.
It's good to see Spidey back on the site. Watching him deal with the universe shift in his own snarky way has been nothing short of entertaining.
Eight O'Clock on the Dot!
El and Lux are making magic in this thread. Straight up fireworks, and the way they've played with drawing out the reveal is top class.
+ Alcohol - Unlike many other people, Logan's healing factor means that alcohol doesn't effect him. He cannot get drunk, not even a little, and his liver takes no damage from it. He really does drink it for the taste, though others suspect it's because it also adds to his hardman image.
+Cigars - Quite how Logan came to like the taste of cigars, he doesn't know. It could have been in any one of the wars he participated in, it could have been from his time as a lumberjack, all Logan knows is he likes them and they are a familiar part of him. That's all anyone needs to know.
+Cage Fighting - A brutal and highly illegal sport only found in the very back country bars. For Logan it is a chance to unwind and vent much of his pent up frustrations with the world and his life in General, not to mention his winnings fund his travelling lifestyle. The physical pain of a fight is eaisier to deal with and heal from than the emotional pain his seemingly never ending life has dealt him.
+Motorcycles - There are very few things in life that give Logan a thrill, after all when nothing is hard to recover from what do you have to lose? But the speed and openness of a bike, the growl of the engine and the power they exude appeals greatly to him. It is his favourite mode of transport though he doesn't technically own one of his own, preferring to just 'borrow' the bike of one Scott Summers.
+Travelling - One thing about missing most of not all of your memories is that you never know where you've been before. Each trip Logan takes, he hopes will trigger something in his damaged mind to give him back the past he has lost. Another advantage of constantly moving is that it makes it harder for any of his enemies - including the many he doesn't know about - to locate him.
+Canada - It is his birthplace, the one place in the world he instinctively knows he belongs in, where he can just blend into the less explored back country and live his life how he sees fit. Some areas bring him peace, others bring up old forgotten pain, but he would prefer to settle there if he ever had a need to do so.
- Government: Anyone who approaches Logan with the metaphorical 'stink' of government business about them is met with a very frosty and sometimes hostile reaction from Logan. His past is shrouded in mystery but from what Logan has found out about it thus far, he knows he has the government to thank for the majority of what has happened to him. Seen as nothing but a weapon by them, a test subject to be contained and studied, he has no respect or regard for them or their dealings. Logan is very much their enemy, and he has no desire to help them wriggle of the various hooks they constantly seem speared on.
- Weapon X Programme: The very procedure that gave him his adamantium skeleton and his code name, the programme that turned him into a test subject and tried to kill him afterwards for it. That is all he remembers and that is enough reason for Logan to hate it. While the adamantium has saved his life on many occasions and indeed his natural bone claws are stronger with their protective and destructive coating, it is just one more barrier between Him and his humanity, a constant reminder of betrayal and pain.
- Nightmares: Indeed no sane person actually enjoys nightmares that have them waking in cold sweats, screaming in rage and nearly killing those around them, but for Logan they are much more than your average dream. They are memories half destroyed, half remembered, snippets of his life he doesn't remember but that disturb and scare him every time he sleeps. Wars he doesn't remember fighting in, faceless people speaking to or about him, performing experiments on him, targeting him because of his abilities...faceless people he knows he has feelings for but whom he has no recollection. They are haunting and painful and there is little he can do but put up with them and try and find some answers for the questions they pose.
- Losing Control/Beserker Rage: His reputation as the Wolverine, a ruthless, mindless and dangerous opponent should not be ignored. Push Logan far enough and he can no longer control the animal rage within, his humanity bleeds from him and he attacks like the animal many see him as. He has no control, everyone becomes the enemy for the are no friends to a cornered animal and that is what scares Logan the most. He fights daily to resist the mental transformation, needing to protect not only those around him, but also himself from losing the person he has worked to be.
- Stupidity: Nothing irks Logan more than others peoples ignorance and stupidity. He has little patience for it, and is swiftly met with a hard correction either physically or with his renowned sense of sarcasm and wit. More than this however, he hates people assuming he is stupid. With a mind as healthy as his body, Logan is capable of retaining a lot of knowledge, something which has allowed him to pick up the sheer amount of fighting styles and languages he is capable of. Once tested in the X-Men danger room, he was described as having a mind 'the equivalent of an Olympic gymnast doing a gold medal routine while simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head.' no, stupidity and Logan do not mix.
- Being ordered around: If you want something from Logan, you don't tell you ask, and even then you'll be lucky if he helps. Often, Logan his own ways of getting the job done and if your plans don't fit in with his, he'll do what he likes often because he knows his way is quicker and better. It is a constant source of conflict between Logan and Cyclops when he returns to the X-Men fold, because Logan would rather go out of his way to prove Scott wrong and show him up than go along with his plans. Remember, he is doing you a favour, not the other way around.
+ Master Martial Artist: Although Logan does not remember how he came to know so many styles of fighting, he is in fact highly experienced if not master in many of the worlds greatest fighting styles and martial arts. In combat, this allows him to pull out many surprises when an opponent least expects it, giving him not only a deadly upper hand but an edge that anyone else has yet to equal.
+ Highly Intelligent: Far more so than many give him credit for, Logan is highly intelligent. While he's not a scientist like Bruce Banner for Tony Stark, his tactical manoeuvring and planning are at the top of his in agama me, always being at least five steps ahead of an opponent in a fight.
+ Linguist: As a good traveller should, Logan has picked up the languages of many countries in his is travels, making foreign communication easy. He is fluent in Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota and Spanish but has a working knowledge of French, Thai and Vietnamese.
+ Pride and Morals: Despite the animalistic state Logan can fall into, he is far from bloodthirsty or thuggish. He tries hard to keep hold of His humanity by adhering to a strict code or personal honor and morality, meeting unarmed opponents only with his fists and only resorting to the first attack when said opponent pulls a weapon against innocents or him - this is also when his claws make themselves known. He is protective of the few people he feels close to, and a trustworthy friend to others even if he feels less than the same about them.
+ Natural Leader: His forgotten years in the army and a combination of all the above traits make him a reliable and natural leader in all sorts of situations, leading many a team to victory in his many years on the planet with various outfits.
+ Virtually Indestructible: Thanks to the combined nature of his mutations, Logan has little to no fear when approaching a situation, and absolutely none of the human and animal fight or flight instinct. His every attention goes into making the situation he finds himself in a victory on a personal scale, and being indestructible means Logan can do the impossible to achieve it. While serious injuries slow him down, it is impossible (as yet) for Logan to be killed.
- Beserker Rage: Despite the fact Logan often acknowledges his Beserker Rage has saved his life on numerous occasions, as his mind works quickest when in hits is state unsullied by human limits, it is something Logan despises and tries to keep away from. When in this state, he is practically feral, easily manipulated and controlled and unbeknownst to him this has been taken advantage of before. In this state, Logan's animal side recognises the fight or flight instinct he does not have in his more human state, and if badly hurt will instinctively run for the wilderness to recover.
- Rebellious: While Logsn makes a good leader, he cannot be trusted to stick to what is often asked of him. If he feels a better and more direct way can be reached, one that he agrees with, he will often take his own path to achieve the goals he needs to. He has been on multiple missions with the X-Men so far but is not a fully fledged member because of his lack of reliability. Of course, Logan doesn't want to be tied down with their responsibilities and would rather not be taking orders from one Scott Summers anyway.
- Loner: Logan doesn't do all that well in social engagements, often times appearing intimidating and overpowering to new people when he stands to the side of the group with his arms folded over his chest. He prefers to use his senses and knowledge to find out what the person he meets is really about than talking. He doesn't make friends and often is unwilling to work in a team. The X-Men have been the only exception so far.
- Extensive Injuries: While Logan's healing factor means he can heal quickly and withstand great damage, even he has his limits. Any major, extensive injuries take longer to heal and can keep him down for some time leaving a hole in his defence and any team he may be working with.
- Memory Loss: While it seems insignificant to others that Logan doesn't know much about his pasts, it is more trouble than they realise. Logan being unable to remember means he doesn't know exactly how many enemies he has made over the years or who exactly knows what he can do. As far as he knows he is one of a kind, though his encounter with the mutant at Liberty Island has started him questioning if this is true. His quest to find out about his past often has him travelling alone and to all reaches of the world, making him uncontactable for large periods of time.
- Trust: Logan has a hard time trusting people, or letting anyone close. He has been betrayed too many times in his life, creating in him a deep rooted need to keep people at arms length. Ironic, considering his want for a companion and a future where he does not out live the ones he knows.
- Discover his true past. - Find Happiness - Help Protect the Mutant population
- Falling into his Feral State and never regaining his humanity, terrified of what he would be capable of if fully, mindlessly unleashed on the world. - The Future. After all, for one gifted with immortality, what exactly does the future hold? A lifetime of being alone, of being hunted, tested on. Suffering for all eternity. - Never knowing his past and falling victim to its many hidden secrets.
Perhaps the most definitive and feared trait people can recall about Logan is his close to the surface temper than when transformed into full blown rage makes him more animal than man. When in usual a state, he cannot and does not control the amount of violence he inflicts on his enemy. Humanity and compassion are non-existent at this stage. But, over the years Logan has learned to control how far into his rage he sinks and now it will take something drastic to push him into feral. He's learned and struggled with his very nature because he wanted to, because while it was easy to do the things he was fully capable of, living with the guilt and horror of it afterwards was not. Despite his instincts, he fights to retain his humanity and follows a strict code of honour and conduct to keep him grounded. Unarmed opponents are met only with his fists which usually is punishment enough, but faced with an armed threat to himself or the ones he protects and his own specialised weapons come into play and the Wolverine is unleashed.
He is strong and almost impossibly fearless, which has also given him an impenetrable stubborn streak. He is more than willing to put his body on the line to get the job done and well, preferring to meet a challenge head on than try The more subtle routes of stealth. While to many, it gives him traits more suited towards reckless and foolhardy, there has never been a job yet he hasn't managed to complete. It doesn't earn him any friends or brothers in arms acting the way he does, but it has saved lives and earned him his reputation as the best at what he does.
There are very few people alive who know the man beneath the reputation however, and given he leans more towards being a loner than a socialite, it's understandable why. He resists anyone who tries to tell him what to do with his life or indeed who gets in the way of what he is already trying to achieve. Despite the fact he has all the makings of a great leader and a formidable ally, Logan is anti-social and has no time and sees no purpose for long term relationships or even friendships, never staying in one place long enough for them to truly form. Keeping himself to himself means he can live his life free of interference and doesn't run the risk of being more emotionally hurt than he already is. Despite this, underneath all his reasoning he still longs to find the one person who will fill the aching void in his is he heart and end the future of loneliness he imagines for himself. While he dislikes calls of help, he secretly appreciates the feeling of being needed and wanted, and the morals he so desperately clings to bar him from just turning his back and walking away.
Logan has as a very sarcastic sense of humour, enjoying throwing personal insults at his opponent almost as much as the physical punches. He tends to say exactly what is on his mind, whether or not he runs the risk of insulting someone. There are very few people he trusts, Jean Grey was one of them and his trust in Professor Charles Xavier grows more as the man tries to help Logan unlock the mystery surrounding his past.
Logan doesn't have a home, though Xavier has told him the X Mansion is a safe haven and home for all mutants who need it - including him.
Mother: Elizabeth Howlett. Deceased Father: Thomas Logan - Deceased
Half–Brother: Victor Creed aka Sabertooth - Alive
Step-Father: John Howlett IMPORTANT PERSON:
None currently, though he had believed it could be Jean Grey had she lived. Kayla Silverfox, though believed to be dead, is unknown to Logan but was once the only person to truly know and love Logan.
Logan's past is a mystery to all who know him, including Logan himself. His actual age is not known, though Jean suggested once he could well be into his hundreds. He was born in Alberta, Canada to John and Elizabeth Howlett, his birth name actually being James Howlett. John was only his step-father however, after his mother had an affair with the groundskeeper during an emotional breakdown, his father actually being Thomas Logan. He was a sickly and frail child, his only companion being Thomas' other son Victor whom acted like an older brother to James despite how twisted he was growing at the hands of his drunkard fathers abuse. It would not be until one stormy night, that the truth would all be revealed and both James and Victors lives would change forever.
Angered and drunk, Thomas stormed the house with a shotgun and Victor in tow after John fired him from his job and the ordered that he leave the estate, demanding that the truth be told by Elizabeth to both John and James. He tried making more advances on Elizabeth, only to be stopped by John and for a physical alteration to follow. Roused from his bed, where once more he had been confined thanks to illness, James watched as Thomas shot and killed the only man he knew as his father. Filled with rage and crushing grief, his mutation previously laying dormant was triggered and bone claws broke through young unscarred flesh for the first time. In his rage, James barely noticed they were there, though used them out of instinct to impale and ultimately kill Thomas. It was then, in the mans dying words, that he learned he had lost two fathers that night. Shocked back to reality, the pain and horror finally hit, turning desperately to his mother for guidance and comfort only to find a look of horror and fear on her face. He was her son no longer. Victor quickly stepped in, not at all upset by his drunken fathers demise, grabbing James and encouraging him to run, promising that they were full brothers now and he would look out for him As long as James looked out for Victor too. With the illness gone and his mutation unlocked, James would only grow stronger but would not be swayed to Victors twisted view.
The two boys for the longest time relied on handouts and strangers kindness to get by until they were old enough and strong enough to work for their keep. It was during these times that Victor revealed his own mutant ability similar to James' and the two became closer as brothers than ever before. As soon as they reached the age, They were quick to apply for the Canadian Army, and soon found themselves flung into combat more and more as their talents for survival and natural affinity for killing surfaced. They were a formidable team all by themselves, participating in all major wars that were thrown their way, surviving every one and earning more and more attention everywhere they went. Such as it was, during the Vietnam war, that both James' morals and relationship with his brother would be tested. He had always treated war with the repulsion and contempt it deserved, never revelling in the loss of life surrounding him day after day. But Victor...he seemed to revel in it, out to get as many kills as he could and sometimes getting them into trouble not caring which side he took those lives from. James defended his brother where he could, protected him, but in Vietnam it all came to a head.
Whether Victor had been driven mad by it all, or whether he simply had that animal craving for blood James didn't know, but there reached a point where suddenly Victor was shooting at everybody from the air forcing James to make a landing to stop him. From there it only got worse, Victor rampaging an innocent village turning their own troops against him. James of course jumped in to defend his brother, but also to stop him attacking the men they fought alongside. They were both taken away and court-marshalled, sentenced to death by firing squad. Of course, they survived that too and gained the attention of one William Stryker. Given no other option, he and Victor were put into a special strike team to recover what would later be known as adamantium in its raw form. It was here that Logan finally had to make a stand against what his brother had turned into. During the questioning of a village, the squad were given orders to kill all of the inhabitants something which Victor was only too happy to oblige with. About to kill a child, James jumped in and stopped him, knowing as he looked at his brother and realised he could see no wrong in what was about to happen that enough was enough. He turned his back on the group, the military way of life, his brother, tossing his dog tags where they belonged...in the dirt.
He returned to Canada, taking up a job as a lumberjack in the Rockies and settling down with a young teacher by the name of Kayla Silverfox. She offered him everything he was looking for, the acceptance of who he was, the peace that he saw every time he looked into her eyes and he lived happily with her in their secluded log cabin. She knew everything about him, and accepted it all, and James now working under the name of Logan felt more settled and content in his life than ever before. This happiness wouldn't last however, as his past in the form of Stryker and Victor caught up to him and Kayla paid the price with her life. Devastated and torn apart by grief, Logan used his senses to track Victor down to a local bar where they had their first fight against each other. Unused to using his mutation and unwilling to go to the lengths his rage would take him, Logan suffered a beating that left him broken and still with a need for revenge. It was in the hospital that Stryker caught up with Logan and promised him a way to get even, but also promising he would go through more pain than any other man could endure. If Logan had truly known what that meant perhaps he never would have gone through with it, if he had known what Weapon X was he would have told them to go to hell. As it was, he agreed, and it was there the adamantium was bonded to his skeleton.
Surviving the procedure he realised once more he had been tricked and Kayla had paid the price, hearing Stryker order them to erase his memory and move him to some compound. Suddenly, there was no stopping the anger and using it and his newly coated adamantium claws, he broke out the compound and started his hunt for Victor. From there, the trail of destruction that was left behind did nothing to appease Logan's anger, too many people dying all over again senselessly. From the Old couple who gave him shelter, his now much loved black biker jacket and a motorbike, to all the friends he ran into along the way who died helping him get his revenge. He quickly discovered exactly what the weapon x programme was and exactly what his brother had been roped into after he left, rounding up mutants for experimentation and to turn one into his personal, ultimate weapon. With the help of Remy LeBeau, he found Strykers base of operations, Victor....and Kayla. The relief that she was alive was overshadowed by the fact that she had been working for Stryker all along, though she stated again and again that she loved him and he her, that she and her sister were prisoners of Stryker because they were both mutants and Stryker would have killed her sister if they had not co-operated. Hurt by her betrayal, but seeing the truth behind her eyes, they worked together To free the mutants Stryker had rounded up and Logan got a second chance at battling his older brother. His acceptance of His animalistic side and the adamantium gave him the edge, but it was Kayla's desperate plea reminding Logan that he was not an animal that stopped him delivering the killing strike.
With his help, the pair defeated Stryker's newest weapon, and Victor disappeared. Kayla and her sister guided the trapped young mutants to the safety of Professor Xavier's care, unknowingly, one of which was the young Scott Summers. When Logan returned to Kayla however, he found she had been injured in the skirmish and was close to dying. Cradling her in his arms, he made his way out of the collapsing building to get them both to safety, only to be shot by Stryker and his adamantium bullets. Suffering a head shot at point blank range, Logan's memories were wiped as a result of the damage. When he woke, a beautiful lady was lain next to him, dead. He felt like she he knew her, felt something there that urged him to be upset, but he couldn't remember who she was. For that matter he couldn't remember who he was, or where he was. Everything about him had been erased, the only clue he had to go by was his dog tags imprinted with the names Logan and Wolverine.
From there, he spent the next years of his life re-learning his mutation, perfecting his fighting style and travelling to try and find who he was and what he was missing. He travelled alone, finding that hostilities towards mutants was growing more and more, to Logan it seemed like the whole world was against him. Confused and desperate he grew distant and cold, pushing away anyone who tried to get close. It wasn't until the twist of fate returned him to Canada, that he ran into Rogue and the X-Men caught up with him. Promising help in finding out who he was and what had been done to him, Charles Xavier took Logan into the fold and requested his help against a new mutant uprising known as the Brotherhood, run by a mutant called Magneto. It was where he met and fell in love with Jean Grey, much to the annoyance of her boyfriend Scott Summers. In between hunting down his past thanks to the clues Xavier and Jean managed to gain from his fragmented memories, he returned to the group many times to aid them. The last time he had been there, had been the hardest.
A cure had been created for the mutant gene, and was being used as a weapon to strip mutants of their powers permanently. Jean, who everyone had believed long dead at the bottom of Alkali lake, had revealed her true psychic abilities and returned as an entity known as the Pheonix. Swayed by Magneto, she killed Xavier leaving the mutants without a leader and soon turned against Magneto also. Soon, she was threatening to bring down the whole of New York City itself. Logan was the only one who could get to her, his healing factor outlasting the blasts of energy threatening to rip his body apart, and at her plea ended the Pheonix's life for good. Suffering the pain of losing her a second time, this time he being the cause once again, Logan fled Westchester and returned to Canada. Returned home. In the 8 years since, he has had no contact with the x-men or really kept much of an eye on the goings on of anyone else. Living off his cage fighting winnings, he keeps a low profile in the back country of Canada, constantly moving,hoping not to be dragged into anything else.
HOW DID YOU FIND US:
Advertisement on People Don't Change!
This section does not need to be filled out unless it is requested of you in a pending notice. 90% of the time this section will not be necessary so congratulations! You're finished!
Congratulations! You've been accepted at MORTAL ENDS! Please make sure to fill in the sign-up pages for your character. This includes the Who's Who and the Face Claim. Then post a plot page, get roleplaying and have some fun!