El has been with the site for nearly two years now and has continued to prove her value. Currently, she is heading up our site event, Battle for Liberterram, on top of keeping up with her own personal plots.
Lux's posts are all wonderful to read. She has done a wonderful job of grasping the new universe and incorporating Peggy into it.
It's good to see Spidey back on the site. Watching him deal with the universe shift in his own snarky way has been nothing short of entertaining.
Eight O'Clock on the Dot!
El and Lux are making magic in this thread. Straight up fireworks, and the way they've played with drawing out the reveal is top class.
1. Why isn't my avatar showing up bigger? For some reason avatars will only show without resizing if you link to the hosted image. When you upload them, it resizes to fit default ProBoards sizes. So, just host your image on an image site like Photobucket, ImageShack, or Tinypic and link to it.
2. Am I allowed to use a character from outside Infinity Endverse or the previous Mortal Endverse canon? The short answer is yes! Your character can be brought from whichever canon or continuity you prefer, but please understand that they will be interacting within Infinity Endverse canon. Whatever the defined canon is for them here, should it already be defined, is how other characters will recognize them. It is for this reason that applications have both a "Native History" and an "Infinity Endverse History" section in them. That being said, we do have a preference towards MCUifying comic characters so that everyone is on a generally level playing field when it comes to realism.
3. I'm confused about this 'Infinity Endverse' thing. That's completely okay! It can be difficult to become acquainted with a new canon, and it is for that reason that we have compiled the canon information in the following threads:
4. I don't like the casting choice for the character I want to play. Can I change it? You certainly can! We won't force you to stick to the movie casting in most circumstances. However, do keep in mind that those actors are reserved for that MCU canon unless the RPer opts against using them. In other words Jeremy Renner is reserved for Hawkeye until the point that a Hawkeye player chooses a different face.
On a similar note, if a player chooses a face for a character that is later cast for a role in the MCU, they will not be required to change their face (although they may, if they so choose). This means that someone wanting to pick up the MCU character may have to choose a new face for them.
5. How do adoptions for canon characters work here? Canon adoptions are a relatively simple process; essentially we link to the old apps so that prospective applicants are aware that the character has been played before and there might be plots in play with other members. What one keeps when adopting is entirely up to them and the old apps are mostly to showcase what's been accepted before for the character. All face claims can be changed at player's discretion as noted above, and although we do recommend keeping any jobs listed in the canon list and job claim, they can be changed as well.
6. Can I make an original character? Absolutely! We accept both canon and original characters!
7. Can my OC be related to a major canon character? Sorry, but no. We will not be changing any major canon families in this manner. That said, exceptions can be made in certain circumstances with the approval of everyone involved. If the players you originally worked this out with wind up leaving the site, we will not require you to change your character's background, but please understand that you might have to edit the background with future players.
8. Can my OC be part of the Avengers/Fantastic Four/Secret Warriors/etc.? Not at the time of application, no. When applying as a character, you can only pre-join these teams if your character is canonically a member of the team. Even with teams like the X-Men, which have a large roster, adding an OC into their lives can complicate things. However, if your character befriends and works with the right people, they can be invited to join the teams on the board. Your character may also be a student at Xavier's as an OC, as that is not considered a team.
9. What if I want to do a mature thread? If you want to play out a thread that goes above the site's rating, it cannot be done on-site. That isn't to say we're against you doing such a thread, but we must follow ProBoards TOS since we are not a self-hosted site, so we are against you doing it on this board. We'd rather not risk our site getting taken down. As such, if you would like to do a thread that goes above the site rating, we ask that you do it via Skype, Google Hangouts, Google Docs, LiveJournal, or even a third-party site that is self-hosted and allows such things.
We are willing to give out monetary rewards for anything completed via this method, as well as consider it canon to the board, we simply do not want to violate the ProBoards TOS. Talk to S.S.A. Erin about the logistics of such things, should you be inclined, or if you want to know more about the ProBoards TOS.
A lot of people have come through asking if so-and-so from the comic universe is acceptable. In order to make things easier on potential members and on staff, we decided to make a list of 'The Absolute No Way' characters and powers. If you feel that you can make the character fit within the Infinity Endverse without said powers, you are welcome to post an application and the Mortal Ends staff will work with you from that point.
THE NO-WAY POWERS
1. Reality Warping No form of reality warping is acceptable unless it is illusion. Illusions are fine – actual alterations are not.
2. Time Manipulation, Alteration, or Travel Mortal Ends has a very specific timeline and as such time manipulation would simply get confusing.
3. Cosmic Awareness, Omnipotence, Clairvoyance, Cross Dimensional Awareness, ETC. These abilities make the game difficult for people because the player needs information that might not be available or prepared yet, and other players are at a disadvantage due to the fact the character knows everything. A character like Deadpool could be utilized if his abilities along these lines were cut down.
4. Guaranteed Mind Control By this we mean yes, you can play Charles Xavier, however you cannot take control of any other character without specific permission granted to you by the player. Just as if you played Amora, you would need permission for her kiss-and-control ability, and would need to speak with the player and preferably a staff member beforehand. Mind Control is allowed on a moderated level - just keep in mind, it is moderated.
5. Portal Creation While it is possible to play a character that teleports as part of their abilities, anything that crosses realities or vast amounts of time and space needs to be regulated.
6. Cloning We would prefer not to have too many clones running around the board. Clones from the comics may be allowed on a case by case basis.
7. Canon "Clones" We understand that it can be hard to craft a completely original character, however if your OC resembles a canon Marvel (or DC, or Image, or any publisher) character too closely, to the point where they could be a clone, we won't allow it.
8. Right to Reserve The Admins of Mortal Ends reserve the right to say no to any power that is deemed to be too much. Reasoning will always be offered, and so will ways to compensate and assist in building the character without the skill in question.
THE NO-WAY CHARACTERS
1. Phoenix Force While we are allowing Jean as a playable character on the board, the Phoenix Force will not be accepted as a character on Mortal Ends due to its overwhelming powers.
2. Galactus, Thanos, etc. Due to their power levels, big name all-powerful villains like these will not be allowed as player characters, although we may use them as villains for future site plots.
We've installed various plug-ins to the site to help make it more user-friendly and here we will explain how to utilize some of them.
If you ever find a plug-in that you think would be useful for the site or your templates, feel free to point us towards it!
Joining Member Groups!
This isn't technically a plug-in, but we figured this was the best place to mention this. If during RP your character gains a new affiliation, you can request to join said group via the "Group" tab on your Profile page. For a visual guide on this, please go here. You can then PM S.S.A. Erin and she will add your corresponding badge. This helps make sure admins don't forget to add new affiliations, or miss them completely!
We know that our board can appear a bit long at times, especially with our new additions, so the categories are now collapsible. Just click on the title and it will collapse down so you can streamline your experience the way you want. Worried about how to tell when boards have new posts when the forum is collapsed? Don't be! When a board in the category has new posts, the same new post SHIELD symbol you're used to seeing will display next to the category title (except smaller) so that you know to investigate!
You can now save multiple posting templates in your profile so that you have multiple options when posting! Simply go to your profile, click the "Edit Profile" button, then go to the "Settings" tab. There's a "Posting Templates" section that has a "Create" link next to it. [If you do not see this section, it is not your fault. The plug-in is old and a bit faulty at this point, but if you refresh the page once or twice, it should show up!] Simply click the link, name your template, and enter your code! When you go in to write a post, there will be a templates drop down menu for you to select which one you want to use! This will cut down on the need to copy-paste templates for everyone. Please note that the drop-down when posting can be a little finicky and you may have to switch between your base template and the one you want a couple times to get it to switch correctly.
PM Staff Members!
Now if you want to send a PM to the staff, all you have to do is type "staff" in the recipients section of the compose PM interphase and then click "Yes" in the pop-up and it will automatically add the whole staff as recipients of your message. This is much easier than typing us in individually.
Go to the support thread for this plug-in, here, for support and links to a guide on how to use it.